Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Never buy another Holden!

Our current car is due to be replaced in a few months time, which gets me thinking about what our next car will be. After having two Holden commodores, I know what the next car won't be at least!

The first car had issues, but they were a few years ago, so I will concentrate on the current (4 year old) cars experience as to why I will never purchase another Holden.

1. Poor pre sales service. Guys, I am still waiting for the brochure I requested online 3 and half years ago, and the "contact me" option on your web site seems to have gone no where are all.

2. Delayed delivery. You were happy to take my trade in, then delayed the delivery of my new car, twice!

3. Extremely poor service staff. At two different locations I encountered rude staff. The vehicle was not returned after servicing at the agreed time, with the agreed work done. There has not been one time I have had the car serviced that I was even satisfied, let alone, happy! Come on, when I tell you the break light is out, and on the report you tell me there is nothing wrong with is, yet I can show you (by pushing the break peddle down) that the break light does not work, I question your ability (and if you even care).

4. Recalls, recalls, recalls. Lost count on the recalls the car has had. But even more then the recalls I had to complain about about some aspects of the poor quality of the vehicle before it was repaired (even though Holden knows of the problems). They only seem to recall on safety issues, other issues (like not being able to start your car) don't seem to be a concern until the customer gets upset.

So lets see, that poor pre sales, poor post sales, poor customer service, and extremely poor quality, can't think of anything good about being a customer of Holden at all!

I did think I may by antother car from them if it was not built in Australia, but that may only solve the quality of the car issue, not the rest of the problems with the business!

So I am now thinking about a Japanese or European car, any ideas?