Tuesday, January 11, 2011

On the bike


I am on my bike riding to work all this week, well that's the plan. I have been trying to ride to work at least 3 days a week for about the last 3 months, and in general this has been working well, and I achieve my goal more often then not. This is my first week back at work this year, and the plan for the week is to ride every day (to get the year off to a good start, and with a view in mind that when daylight savings finishes, there is a good chance I wont be riding to work!).

So I rode yesterday (Monday) and today (Tuesday), but the rest of the week is looking tough, with heavy rain being predicted for Melbourne, I think it will be one day at a time for the rest of the week.

On another bike riding note, I more then achieved my goals for last year (2010). I set a goal of doing 4500 KM's for the year, and finished with just over 6000 KM's for the year. Being able to ride to work for about the last 3 months was a great help in achieving the goal, so I really want to keep that up for as long as I can.