Sunday, September 5, 2010

9 Reasons why lists annoy me


Grrr, everywhere you look now days there are lists, lists about this and lists about that. The 50 greats apps to change your life, 26 reasons why I brought an iPad, 32 reasons not to drink your own urine. Lists, lists, lists, so here is another list, 9 reasons why lists annoy me.

1. They are everywhere!
2. They generally have no thought put into them (like this one)
3. Who cares what you think?
4. No context, its just a list of stuff
5. Why are these things on a list, and not others?
6. Why the arbitrary number? How come its 10 things, and not 100?
7. Are they in order of importance, or is it just stuff?
8. Why are you the list authority?
9. Why is you list any better then someone else? What was your research methodology?

Next week I will post my shopping list, it is about as useful as any other list out there you will read today!